Religious Education Grades K-8
We believe that parents have the primary and sacred responsibility to educate their children in the faith. We strive to assist parents in this obligation by providing a basic knowledge of the Catholic faith and traditions for each student. We believe that all children are part of our parish community and make an important contribution to its life.
To provide a loving, caring and spiritual atmosphere where each child may come to a greater understanding of God and the Roman Catholic Church. To provide an environment that will ensure the right of each child to learn respect for God, self and others. To strive to make the Gospel both alive and living, by promoting social justice.
- Child ministry serving grades K through 8.
- Classes ahe held every Sunday morning at St. Pius X, 2506 Wauwatosa Avenue, 9:00 to 10:00 am. Here are a few exceptions and/or dates with special activities
- October 30, 2016 - No Class
- November 20, 2016 - Decorate cards w/parents and pass out cards at Mass
- November 27, 2016 - No Class
- December 4, 2016 - Family ADVENTures at Christ King 11:30 am to 1:30 pm in the North Hall
- December 18, 2016 - Decorate cards w/parents and pass out cards at Mass
- December 25, 2016 - No Class
- January 1, 2017 - No Class
- January 15, 2017 - No Class
- February 12, 2017 - Decorate cards w/parents and pass out cards at Mass
- February 19, 2017 - No Class
- March 5, 2017-"Safeguarding All God's Family" - Grades K-6
- April 2, 2017 - "Safeguarding All God's Family" - 7th & 8th Grade (Special Evening Session, watch bulletin for time)
- April 16, 2017 - No Class
- April 23, 2017 - No Class
- April 30, 2016 - Last Class
- Sacramental preparation for Reconciliation and Eucharist
- Middle school retreat offered through WCYR
- Service projects
- Family liturgies and prayer services
- Vacation Bible School (one week in June)
- Children's Liturgy of the Word, October through April during 10:00 Mass
- November 14, 2016 - First Reconciliation Parent Meeting - 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm - Christ King - North Hall - Enter 91st St School Doors
- December 12, 2016 - Family Forgiveness Night - 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm - St Pius X Church - Enter off 75th & Wright
- January 18, 2017 - Sacrament of First Reconciliation - 6:00 pm - St Pius X Church - Enter off 75th & Wright
- March 4, 2017 - Eucharistic Retreat Morning & First Communion Parent Meeting - 9:00 am to Noon - St. Pius Church
- March 18 & 19, 2017 - Bread Sunday - St Bernard & St Pius Parishes - After all Masses
- April 29, 2017 - First Communion Practice - 9:00 am - St Bernard
- April 30, 2017 - First Communion - 10:00 am - St Benard
Please be sure to check the website or the church bulletin for last minute details.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Barb Abler, 414-322-0298 or click here to send an email message.